What are our mission, vision and values?
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values, our mission states what we aim to achieve, and our vision outlines how we plan to achieve our mission.
Our mission is to to improve the quality of life of all children in Wales living with cerebral palsy
Our vision is to achieve our mission through becoming:
- An expert cerebral palsy service
- An international specialist Centre/Centre of Excellence
- A national resource for Wales
- A service at the forefront of clinical practice
- A service contributing to the evidence base for interventions for people who have cerebral palsy
- A service providing learning opportunities (for parents and carers; for therapists and other professionals; for our team.)
- A service for people with cerebral palsy and their families, throughout their lifespan
Our key values are:
To ensure families are at the heart of our organisation
To work in partnership with families and community teams
To deliver the highest quality in everything we do
To work with the highest levels of integrity
How we have helped in Wales
Family support appointments took place in 2022-2023
Children from across Wales have been treated during 2022-2023
The number of sessions of specialist therapy we delivered in 2022-2023
After our first therapy session, I left Cerebral Palsy Cymru’s children’s centre with something nobody had previously dared give me for my little boy. I left with hope.
- Leah, Noah's mum
We left that initial therapy session on an absolute high and haven’t looked back since!
- Alison, Ben's mum
Hi, my name is Charlotte and I have just turned 15. I have recently taken part in Cerebral Palsy Cymru's 'Independent Living Skills Programme' and I would love to share my experience of the project with you.
- Independent Living Skills 2021
From that day we feel we have been part of the Cerebral Palsy Cymru family, and we have not looked back.
- Family story
Therapy and support for children and their families
Cerebral Palsy Cymru is a registered charity in England and Wales 1010183. A company limited by guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales 02691690. Registered address: Cerebral Palsy Cymru, 1 The Courtyard, 73 Ty Glas Avenue, Llanishen, Cardiff, CF14 5DX.