How we can work together
We aim to work with, and support our community colleagues. In turn we are very grateful for the huge amount of support we receive from community teams. Together we can achieve more for children and families.
How do we work together?
- We invite each child’s community therapists to join our sessions in the centre.
- In many of our sessions in the community, we work together, with children and families, sharing clinical reasoning, problem solving and suggesting therapy ideas.
- We co-ordinate the Wales Cerebral Palsy Clinical Leads group, supporting clinical development of the clinical leads for cerebral palsy across Wales.
- We provide training and education courses for therapists.
- We have a senior therapist designated to support therapists from each Local Health Board.
- We encourage our therapists to take roles in, and support other organisations. The organisations our team are involved in include the Association of Paediatric Chartered Physiotherapists, the British Association of Bobath Trained Therapists, the British Academy of Childhood Disability, the European Academy of Childhood Disability and the International Alliance of Academies of Childhood Disability.
We are always happy to chat - whether you have concerns; think there are other ways you would like us to support you; or there are other services you think we could provide; or just for a catch up.
Therapy and support for children and their families
Cerebral Palsy Cymru is a registered charity in England and Wales 1010183. A company limited by guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales 02691690. Registered address: Cerebral Palsy Cymru, 19 Park Road, Whitchurch, Cardiff, CF14 7BP.