Cerebral Palsy Cymru's response to COVID-19
During these challenging times, our priority remains the health and well-being of the children and young people we support, their families, our volunteers and our team.
Cerebral Palsy Cymru follows guidance from Welsh Government to manage our response to the COVID-19 outbreak. We have introduced measures to reduce the risk of infection and protect everyone whilst supporting children and families.
- We are risk assessing children and families to decide on the best way to provide support, using a virtual first approach.
- We have suspended all face to face services; we will restart these for the children in greatest need when it is safe to do so.
- All staff who are able to work remotely are working from home.
- We have cancelled all our spring and summer events.
- We have closed our charity shops.
As you can imagine, closure of our shops and the cancellation of our fundraising events means we are set to lose hundreds of thousands of pounds in the next few months alone. To keep vital services running, please support our special appeal. Donate now
We would like to thank everybody for their support and understanding as we manage this unprecedented challenging situation. This response will be updated frequently as the situation evolves.
How we can help
During this time when many local services are reduced
- We are still taking referrals directly from families living in Wales who have concerns about their baby’s development
- We are currently taking referrals from any family living in Wales concerned about their child who has cerebral palsy
If you have any queries or concerns relating to your child, whether they have a confirmed diagnosis of cerebral palsy or not please contact us. We are offering telephone consultations to assess how best to help. This may be followed by a telephone or video consultation with the appropriate therapist. A short report and home programme of ideas based on the consultation will be sent to you, as well as to the team around your child.
Our Family Support Coordinator, Glenys Evans, is also available if you need any practical advice or emotional support or just a chat to let us know how you are doing.
Please get in touch by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning us on 02920 522600.
Therapy and support for children and their families
Cerebral Palsy Cymru is a registered charity in England and Wales 1010183. A company limited by guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales 02691690. Registered address: Cerebral Palsy Cymru, 19 Park Road, Whitchurch, Cardiff, CF14 7BP.